Strawbale garage and workshop
This project is a 12m x 7m building split into a double garage and a workshop. Construction techniques used were as follows:
- normal slab on the ground with 300mm deep footings on edges and across
- 100 x 100 x 6mm square steel posts with seasoned hardwood perimeter beams
- Laminated beams half way on the roof span.
- Green hardwood rafters and battens. Colour bond roof and gutters. Hardwood facia boards. Cement sheet eve lining.
- Strawbales infill for the walls, with attached chicken wire and then 3 coats of render.
A video was created based on pictures during the construction and this can be found here. This does not include the final finish that can be seen from the pictures below.